Monday, June 14, 2010

Strawberry Pecan Green Salad


Slice and set aside:
        1 pint washed and hulled strawberries

Place in large bowl:
        2 bunches washed and torn spinach
        Romaine lettece
        1/2 thinly sliced red onion
        Feta cheese

Make coated pecans and poppy seed dressing

Coated Pecans
See recipe for glazed nuts

Poppy Seed Dressing

Toss salad with a little dressing.  Serve the salad in individual portions.  Place a few strawberry slices and a handful of pecans and a sprinkling of poppy seeds on each serving.  Drizzle with a little more dressing.

From whence it came:  Guys, I'm getting old.  Soon...very soon...I'll be half a century.  I'm no longer buying green bananas.  It's just too risky.  My point?  I can't remember where I got this recipe.  I wish I could, 'cause it's really good. 

Why it's blogable:  A few days back I posted the recipe for glazed nuts and kind of sort of told you how to use them in a salad.  Then today I ran across this good ol' recipe and I immediately remembered it was blog worthy.  If I've told you once, I've told you a million times, The Spy Who Loves Me doesn't always love fruity stuff.  And this is a fruity salad.  A girly salad.  And you know what?  The Spy really likes this salad.  A lot!  That's another reason it's blogable.  It's perfect for summer.  Heck, it's just plain ol' perfect!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment