Thursday, June 17, 2010

Low Fat Pumpkin Cookies


1 spice cake mix (just the dry mix - don't add anything else)
1 small can pumpkin

Mix above two ingredients together and bake on Pam sprayed cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.  Even more delicious when mini chocolate chips are added, but also more fattening!

Makes 24 cookies – 2 Weight Watchers points each (without chocolate chips)

From whence it came:  I got this recipe at a Weight Watchers meeting quite a few years back.  Yep, I was once in the WW zone.  Then I fell off the WW wagon and hit my head so hard that I've been dizzy ever since.  But I still believe in WW!  And one of these days I'm gonna drag my chubby buns and thighs back onto that wagon, and hold on tight! 

Why it's blogable:  Because if you insist on eating low fat foods, this is a good recipe.  These cookies have great flavor and could they be easier?  Nope!  My married daughter likes these cookies a lot, and The Spy Who Loves Me eats them, too.  He just eats way to many of them, which kind of defeats the low fat purpose.  

Why today:  I thought about posting this recipe today because today was the first day of summer vacation for my teenagers, and guess where we went...to the beach!  I just love and adore the beach!  Love and adore it more than I could ever tell you in words!  I have spent my childhood, teen years, and now a fair amount of my adult life at the beach.  What's not to love?  Stingrays and Jelly Fish, that's what!  But besides those two things...oh yeah, and sharks.  Besides those three things...oh yeah, and old men in Speedos.  Besides those four things...there is nothing not to love about the beach.  But putting on a bathing suit for the first time this summer made me think of these low fat cookies.  So here ya go!  Enjoy your summer, and I really really hope you find your toes in the sand a time or two before fall!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment