Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chicken Pesto

9 pcs. of boneless, skinless chicken breast
Pesto sauce
Olive oil
Parmesan cheese
Provolone cheese (9 slices)
Proscuitto ham (9 slices)
Italian bread crumbs

Pound chicken with a meat tenderizer.  Coat with pesto.  Top with a slice of provolone cheese and ham. Fold or roll chicken. Roll again in pesto sauce and bread crumbs.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Drizzle olive oil.  Bake for 30 - 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

From whence it came:  This is another recipe from one of the best cooks I know, Janice Luncford.  Janice made this chicken for a church dinner and everyone went crazy!  Crazy in a good way.  Not crazy like sitting in a white padded room wearing a straitjacket crazy.  Crazy like give me this recipe or I'm going to do something crazy!  That kind of crazy!  Thanks for making us all crazy, Janice! 

Why it's blogable:  Like I said, any food that turns a group of calm, scripture reading, church going folks crazy is blogable.  This is the recipe that inspired my very own recipe that I like to call Yummiest Chicken Ever.  My recipe is the lazier and cheaper version of this recipe.  But even though this recipe is a little bit more work, and a little bit more money, it's worth it.  Try it for yourself.  And don't blame me if it makes you crazy!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment