- 1 loaf (10 ounces) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (10 cups)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt if desired. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Dot with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Why it's blogable: First of all, it's really good! Secondly, I love recipes that you can make ahead of time and then just pop in the oven. Another great thing about this recipe is that it's very inexpensive to make. Yum-e, easy, cheap! A great combo!
A little tip: Make sure you cook this long enough so the egg is cooked all the way and it's not runny. I cooked it in a glass dish and followed the directions exactly and mine turned out just right!
Click here to get the printable:
French Toast Casserole
Hope you enjoy stirring it up!