Monday, April 19, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

½ c. butter
½ c. chunky peanut butter
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. flour
¼ c. cocoa powder
½ t. baking soda
½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
½ c. chopped peanuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, peanut butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 12-14 minutes.

From whence it came: A really super duper amazingly great cook gave this recipe to me. The credit for this one goes to my friend Sue Burns. Sue and I were neighbors for many years before our family moved away. We shared a love of cooking, but I must admit, Sue is a much fancier cook than I am. No recipe is too difficult or too complicated for Sue, and the food she makes always looks as good as it tastes. Sue and I have shared many yum-e recipes, and this one is at the top of the list! Sue, thanks for all the great recipes, and for all the great memories, too!

Why it's blogable: These cookies are soft and really really good! You can make them big by using a quarter cup measuring cup, but if you do you will need to cook them a bit longer. Or you can just make them regular size and cook them as directed. It's kind of hard to tell when they're done because they are already brown so you can't wait until they've browned. I just touch them lightly on the side and if they seem set then they're done. They don't go flat like some cookie recipes and they are a hit whenever I make them. Oh, and like I've said before with many of my other recipes, I ALWAYS double the recipe!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

2 comments:

  1. Pam I want to share a simular cooking my mom made and it can be just added to your peanut butter cookie. Maybe instead of adding choc chips my mom crushed corn flakes about a cup and added them to her cookie and the peanuts were spanish peanuts and they were yummy too....marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene, that sounds really good! I'm going to try that sometime soon. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete