Thursday, April 8, 2010

Grandma Annie's Drop Sugar Cookies


Cream together:

½ c. butter
½ c. shortening
1 c. sugar

Add:
1 egg

Blend in:

2 ½ c. flour
½ t. soda
¾ t. salt

Mix in:

2 T. milk

Drop by spoonfuls (I roll the dough into balls) onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in sugar. (You can use regular sugar or colored sugar sprinkles.) Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (I always double the recipe!)

From whence it came: This recipe came from the grandma of The Spy Who Loves Me, Grandma Annie. When I first married into the family everyone called her Grandma Harman, but she was way too sweet for such a formal name, so I called her Grandma Annie, and soon everyone did the same. She was, I'm quite sure, the kindest person I have ever know. She lived to be 101 years old and in all the time I knew her I never ever heard her utter an unkind word about anyone. Not anyone! She was adorable, and just to prove it, here's her cute picture.




Why it's blogable: Same old reasons, people. Good eatin'! These cookies are really yummy, and you probably have all these ingredients in your kitchen right at this very minute. We like 'em soft, but if you like 'em crunchy just cook 'em a bit longer. They turn out out perfect every time. And unlike most sugar cookie recipes, no rolling required. Just make them into a ball then squish them with the bottom of a cup dipped in sugar. Rub a little cookie dough on the bottom of the cup, then dip in sugar, then squish away. Don't squish too much, just enough, like this...



Like I said, you probably have all the ingredients right now, so what are you waiting for? Go...make 'em...and you will be happy that you listened to me!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment