Sunday, March 21, 2010

Best EVER Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


1 lb. butter
1 ½ c. sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
1 ½ T. vanilla
6 c. flour
1 ½ t. salt
1 ½ t. soda
3 c. chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add dry ingredients. Cook 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

From whence it came: My daughter, Jessica, gave me this recipe. She got it from her college roommate, Alyssa, who is such a fun and great girl. Thanks, Alyssa! (The original recipe only had three eggs, but I recently starting adding four because the dough is so stiff and sometimes it's difficult to incorporate all the ingredients.)

Why it's blog worthy: It was not difficult to decide which recipe would be the very first recipe I posted on my cooking blog. This one had "perfect first recipe" written all over it. First, it's divine. The cookies turn out perfect every time, never flat, and if you accidentally over cook them they are still divine when dipped in a glass of ice cold milk. Also, because these are the most basic ingredients ever. If you don't have these ingredients in your pantry and fridge right now, at this very moment, then I don't know what to say. You just might be beyond help if you are not consistently stocked up on chocolate chips and butter. Last reason, easy schmeazy. A four year old could make these cookies.

Warning: The dough is a problem! My husband won't touch raw dough of any sort because he has cootie issues and is afraid of raw eggs and their possible deadly effects. He will, however, make an exception to his no raw egg rule for this cookie dough. He LOVES it! Sometimes I have to slap his hand with the spatula to get a few scoops onto the cookie sheet. The dough is delish!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

7 comments:

  1. i am so excited to start baking like the original pampered chef ;) ;) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about the new blog! I love getting new recipes. I just made almost this exact cookie recipe tonight before I saw this :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! While I'm not usually into following blogs I think I'll make an exception for your recipe blog. I'm always trying to find new things to feed my family. Do you think you could add in kid friendly meals too?? :) from melissa bostwick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited you started this blog. My goal is try one recipe a week. Cooking makes me nervous, but I made the cookies and I have to say they were DELICIOUS!! Thanks for helping me feel like I'm not a failure in the kitchen, at least for this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this!! We lost your recipe and well a crime was almost committed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AMAZING!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Sister Anderson, I made your cookies for my FHE group up here and everybody is crazy about them. They are very impressed with my cooking skills haha so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete