Monday, March 29, 2010

World's Best Pasta Salad

12 oz. cooked rottini noodles (rinse well)
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
2 c. finely chopped broccoli
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 can black olives, cut in half
1 lb. cooked bacon, cooked well and crumbled

Layer all in a large salad bowl. Toss with dressing just before serving.


Dressing:


Mix the following:

1 1/2 c. mayo
1/2 c. sugar
3 T. vinegar

From whence it came:
This super yum-e recipe came from a super great friend, Shelley Dahlin. You're gonna love me for sharing this with you, just like I love Shelley for sharing it with me. I remember the first time I tried it, in Shelley's beautiful kitchen in Springville, Utah. I've known Shelley for a long time and she and her family mean so much to us Andersons. Thanks for your friendship, Shelley, and for the yum-e pasta salad recipe. It's always a hit!

Why it's blogable:
Because it is a 10 on the yum-e scale! It really is one of the very best pasta salads I've ever had, and whenever I make it people always ask for the recipe. And, like so many of my recipes, it's easy!

FYI:
We love this recipe so much that I even made it to serve at my daughter's wedding luncheon last summer. That'll tell ya how good it is!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to make this, Pam! I'm glad it has bacon in it. Bacon makes everything good! :)

    ReplyDelete