Wednesday, March 31, 2010

White Chocolate Cheesecake

18 cream filled vanilla sandwich cookies
¼ cup butter
3 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk - not evaporated milk!
1 (10 - 12-oz) package vanilla or white chocolate chips
4 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Crush cookies and mix with melted butter.
Press on bottom of a 9" springform pan. Wrap aluminum foil around the pan to catch the butter drips while baking. Melt chips (1 minute in a > microwave in a glass bowl should suffice). Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, mix well.

Bake 70 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool to room temperature. Chill. Refrigerate leftovers. Cut pieces can also be individually wrapped and frozen.

Note: use chocolate chips and chocolate sandwich cookies for a chocolate
cheesecake.

From whence it came: Remember me mentioning Janice Luncford...one of the best cooks I know? Well, she gets the credit for this one, and you're gonna want to thank her after you try it. I didn't think anyone could make cheesecake as good as The Cheesecake Factory (one of my favorite restaurants) but this recipe proved me wrong.

Why it's blogable: It's just plain delicious! It got the nickname "Satanic Cheesecake" because we all think Janice is the devil for making this irresistible dessert! It's worth every calorie!

I have to admit: I've never actually made this recipe, but I have tried it plenty of times. I normally won't post a recipe I haven't made myself, but I am making an exception for this one. I know what you're thinking...if she loves it so much, why hasn't she ever made it? Two reasons, The Spy Who Loves Me isn't a fan of cheesecake, which would force me to eat way too much of it, which would force me to have to butter my thighs to get through the door. That would be a real problem. So I just choose to eat it when Janice is nice enough to make it for some sort of gathering. And when I do, I smile!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment