Friday, March 26, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes




-->
2 c. flour
3 T. sugar
1 t. soda
1 t. salt
3 eggs
2 T. melter butter
2 c. buttermilk

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, soda and salt. In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, butter (which has been cooled to room temp so it doesn't cook the eggs) and buttermilk. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until blended. Bake on a flat, lightly oiled griddle.

From whence it came: For many years my husband has worked as a private investigator. A girl named Tamera, who worked in the accounts payable department for one of our clients, gave me this recipe. As a cool side note, when we first started working for these large insurance companies we had difficulty getting our invoices paid on time. Sometimes it would take 60-90 days to get paid for a surveillance assignment. I got to know Tamara by calling and asking about the payments. We discovered that we both loved to cook, and started exchanging recipes. Not long after, our invoices seemed to make their way to the top of the pile and we began getting paid on time. Just one of the blessings of loving to cook!

Why it's blogable: This used to be my favorite buttermilk pancake recipe. These are really good, but in my opinion these Melt In Your Mouth Buttermilk Pancakes are even better! I'm leaving this recipe on the blog in case someone is super attached to it. I don't want to break any pancake loving hearts!

More info for ya: If you don't have buttermilk on hand, you can mix 2 c. milk with 2 T. vinegar and let it set for a few minutes. I don't think the pancakes are quite as good with this substitution, but they are still really good. I have made them this way many times. I think they are a little bit flatter when I don't use real buttermilk, probably because buttermilk is thicker than the substitution. Also, I spread butter on the griddle before pouring the pancakes. I think it gives them even better flavor! My weird family loves spreading them with peanut butter and then pouring on the syrup. I don't like peanut butter on pancakes, but I'm not weird like them.

Our family is a pancake lovin' family. We eat them for breakfast, and sometimes for dinner. I have a couple of other great pancake recipes that I will post at a later date. I even have one that's healthy and really good! Look for that one soon.

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment