Monday, March 29, 2010

Chicken Crescent Roll Ups


Makes 8 Roll Ups

2 pkg. crescent rolls
2 c. cooked chicken, chopped
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
½ c. finely minced onion
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Mix chicken, cream cheese and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.

2. Pinch two rolls together to form a square. (It’s not really an exact square, but close.) Each package of rolls will make four roll ups. Place large spoonful of chicken mixture in center of square. Bring all four corners up to center and pinch sides together. Brush with melted butter and bake as directed on package.

These are not very good left over. If you make extras you can probably freeze them before cooking and then thaw them later and cook them. I’ve never tried it, but I bet it would work. Also, you can cut the recipe in half or double it if you need more.

From whence it came: My sister-in-law, Lynn, used to make these and every time I make them I think of her. She passed away over 17 years ago, but she had some great recipes and I'm happy to share this one with all of you. I still think of Lynn often, and I'm so proud of her children and the wonderful people they have become. Stephani, Davey, Joshua, Greg and Samantha, I love you all!

Why it's blogable: This is one of my kid's favorite dinners. My hubby doesn't do back flips when I make these, but he's not in love with cream cheese so that kind of explains that. He will eat them, but he would never say, "Hey, can you make those chicken roll up thingies?" Most everybody else really likes 'em!

A little tip: They are just as good with low fat crescent rolls and low fat cream cheese. Not non fat, low fat. Non fat is yucky!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment