Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Terri's Sweet Potato Casserole


3 cups (about 3-4 whole potatoes) cooked and mashed sweet potatoes  
   (I like to bake them and I use a mixture of the yellow and the orange kinds.)
½ c. melted butter
½ c. evaporated milk
2 eggs, well beaten
1 t. vanilla

Mix all of the above and put into a 2 qt casserole dish.  

Mix together:

½ c. brown sugar
2 ¼ T. butter, softened
½ c. chopped nuts - I use pecans

Spread this topping onto casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

From whence it came:  A wonderful gal named Terri Johansen shared this terrific recipe with me.  Terri is so great!  She is one of those people who does everything perfectly!  She is a true perfectionist.  Her home is decorated so pretty, and she cooks some really good stuff!  One time she made this pumpkin roll that was so fancy and really yummy!  Terri is wonderful and very generous to share this recipe just in time for the holidays!

Why it's blogable:
  Here's the deal - I'm breaking one of my blogging rules with this recipe.  I said that I wouldn't post recipes I hadn't made myself, and it looks like I lied a little, because I've never made this casserole.  But, before you click off of my blog and run to The Pioneer Woman or my BFF Paula Deen, you should know that I was at a party a couple of weeks ago and everyone was raving about these sweet potatoes.  They couldn't stop talking about this recipe.  I knew right then and there I just had to have it.  And, because Terri is so sweet, just like her sweet potatoes, she gave it to me.  And because she is so generous, just like the size portion I plan to eat of these on Thanksgiving, she said I could share the recipe with y'all!  So I did.  And you're welcome!

Click here to get the printable:

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment