Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Ideas


I thought I'd give you a few ideas of what you could stir up for Easter, just in case you're in the same boat as me, trying to figure out what to cook for your Easter feast.

Start the day off with a yum-e breakfast.  May I suggest these pancakes that are a huge favorite of my teen son:
Norwegian Pancakes

This glaze is fabulous on a ham!  This glaze is fabulous, period!
Super Sensational Red Chili Sauce

This salad.  Oh how I love and adore this salad!  It's the nuts that make it so good.  No, it's the dressing that makes it so good.  It's the nuts and the dressing that make it so good.
Strawberry Pecan Green Salad

Us Andersons cannot celebrate anything without my Aunt Joyce's Buns.  Joyce's Buns are a necessary ingredient for any occasion.  And my cute nephew, Jeffrey, is obsessed with them.  He loves me when I make Joyce's Buns.
Joyce's Buns

And now we're down to my favorite part of any meal, dessert!  I'm going to make a few dessert suggestions for y'all!

This cake is simply the best!  It's got carrots, and carrots go with bunnies, and bunnies go with Easter so it's the perfect Easter dessert.  And it's the perfect cake!
The Best Carrot Cake Recipe of All Time

If you're in the mood for Strawberry Shortcake, and who isn't, make this heavenly cake from my friend, Paula Deen!
Southwest Georgia Poundcake

If it's warm where you are, this ice cream is a crowd pleaser.  And a taste bud pleaser.  It's just an all around pleaser!
Strawberry Ice Cream

And as long as we're on a strawberry kick, let me suggest this one, too!
Strawberry Layered Dessert

I'm trying a new cake recipe this Easter.  If it turns out good I'll post it next week.  And if it doesn't I'll be wishing I'd stuck with one of my old favorites.  Either way Easter will be wonderful because we'll be with family and we'll take time to remember the real reason we celebrate this special holiday!

His Sacred Name - An Easter Declaration



Happy Easter, everybody!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment