Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pauli's Baked Beans


This is Pauli!  She was practically perfect!  And a ton of fun!  She is missed by many!

1# bacon, cut in small pieces & fried
1 onion, chopped
4 16 oz. cans Bush's Baked Beans
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 C. of Pauli's secret sauce – 
  any BBQ sauce would work fine

Cut bacon into pieces and fry.  Remove from pan and use some of the bacon grease to brown onions.  Remove onions from bacon grease.

Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for about 4 hours.

From whence it came:  Pauli, of course.  Hence the name Pauli's baked beans.  I've told you about my dear friend Pauli before.  Oh how I miss her.  She was famous for many things, and near the top of that list was her secret sauce.  She made an over-the-top BBQ sauce and kept the recipe top secret.  Her family still holds it under lock and key, but we can make Pauli's beans without it.  And you should.  (I used good ol' KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce and it was a good choice!)

Why it's blogable:   Super simple, super yummy!  What more do you need?  BBQ season is upon us, so now seemed like a good time to tell you about Pauli's beans.  If you double the recipe it will fill your crockpot.  Double the recipe!  They're that good!

Click here to get the printable:

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

1 comment:

  1. So this whole time Ive been following your blog, being one of your secret followers, I never knew or put it together that we both knew Pauli S. Very cool. I knew her and her family, mostly Brian from my days in HB. Finially one of those "hey! I almost know you" kind of things has happened to me. Keep those yummy recipes coming. I love them!

    ReplyDelete