Monday, May 31, 2010

Snickerdoodles



Cream:
1 c. butter
1 ½ c. white sugar

Add:
2 eggs (one at a time) beat until creamy

Mix in:
2 ¾ c. flour
1 t. baking soda
2 t. cream of tarter
½ t. salt

Mix well. Roll into balls (walnut size). Roll balls into mixture of 2 T. sugar and 1 t. cinnamon. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
When I make these I use a ¼ cup measuring cup. Walnut size…yeah right! You may need to cook them a bit longer if you make them big.

From whence it came: This is such a cool story. My dad's cousin, Suzie, mailed this recipe to me out of the blue. We really never correspond and one day I opened my mail and there was this super cute recipe card with this super yum-e recipe on it. I wrote her a thank you note, but she deserves more than just a silly note. Thanks, Suzie! You're a very sweet second cousin!

Why it's blogable: I really never made Snickerdoodles until I received this recipe and now I make them quite often. They look really cool after you cook them and they are always a hit when I take them somewhere. Again, I realize this isn't the world's most original recipe, but it's really good!

Why the bow?: Sometimes I wrap these up in a celophane bag, tie a pretty bow on top and give them to someone that I love. These are going to a neighbor of mine. I think homemade baked goods make the best gifts! "Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven!"

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment