Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches

2 c. chicken, cooked and cubed
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. cashews
1 c. mayonaise
1 t. dry ranch dressing

Mix all ingredients and serve with lettuce in pita pockets or on rolls.

From whence it came: This great recipe came from my sister-in-law, Lori. She gave it to me a long long time ago, and I've made it a million times since. It is such a yum-e recipe! You will love it! One quick memory to share about these sandwiches and Lori. A couple of years ago The Spy Who Loves Me was really sick. I mean really sick. He is normally quite a stud, so when he goes down for the count, there is reason for concern, and we were very concerned! It was just about the longest week of our lives. We had been back and forth to the doctor every single day and even spent time in the emergency room. After finally receiving the right medication he started to get better, but he was pretty weak for a while, and we were pooped. His sweet sister, Lori, made this wonderful chicken salad and drove it all the way down to Oceanside to us. I'll never forget that act of kindness. It meant the world to us. Make this for someone you love. They will remember it forever!

Why it's blogable: I've made these sandwiches so many times, and every time I do people love them. I normally serve them on Joyce's Buns. That is truly the best way to serve them. But this chicken salad is also really good in pita pockets or on store bought rolls, too.

Once upon a time: Remember how I told you that there was a time in my life when I dragged around a cooler to different businesses and sold homemade lunch stuff? Well, these sandwiches were my hottest item! I would sell out of these almost every single day. They really are that good!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for posting this (: i remember these sandwiches from those good ol' cooler-pulling days and i love them! i just whipped up a batch (but used cottage cheese instead of mayo...trying to be healthy and still very tasty!) and am thoroughly enjoying it. i want you to know that i love this blog (:

    ReplyDelete