Tuesday, May 4, 2010
* 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
* 1 medium onion, sliced
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1/3 cup chicken broth
* Place the potatoes and onion on a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 20 in.); dot with butter. Combine the cheese, parsley, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes.
* Fold foil up around potatoes and add broth. Seal the edges of foil well. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
From whence it came: I don't think I've ever mentioned Taste of Home magazine on my little blog. Well the time has come to tell you that I love Taste of Home! I found this super great recipe in a Taste of Home magazine years ago and it instantly became a family favorite. If you've never checked out Taste of Home, you must! The recipes are so good and not weird like some of those magazines that have all that fancy yucky silly food in them. I'm happy to finally give Taste of Home the props it deserves!
Why it's blogable: Every time I've made this recipe people have loved it! These potatoes have a great flavor and cooking outdoors is always fun. I have a terrific marinade recipe that I will share with you soon, and if you make that chicken and these potatoes your family will carry you around on their shoulders as if you'd just scored the winning touchdown in in the Superbowl! You'll be a hero for sure. I'll post the marinade recipe tomorrow so you can try it out this weekend if you want to. Hey, here's a great idea...get the hubby and kidlets to barbecue for y'all this weekend for Mother's Day. Pick out a few simple recipes and let them go to town while you take a drooling nap. Don't you just love to take a drooling nap on a Sunday afternoon? You know, the kind where you're so out of it that you wake up and realize to your horror...and delight...that you actually drooled! Look for the marinade recipe tomorrow. Weird ingredients, fabulous flavor! I promise!
Hope you enjoy stirring it up!