Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pauli's Taco Salad

Large can pinto beans
Taco Seasoning - 1 packet
Onion
Avocados
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Cheese
Chips

Drain beans; marinate in taco seasoning (with 1/2 c. vinegar & 1/2 c. oil).  Marinate a day or so.  Drain beans, but save marinade.

Layer salad:
Beans
Onions
Tomatoes
Avocados
Lettuce
Cheese

Pour rest of marinade on top.  Serve with chips.

From whence it came:
  Another doozie from my friend Kerinda.  But really, her mom, Pauli, gets credit for this one.  Pauli was just one of those people who could do everything and anything and did it all oh so well.  She passed away last November, and her presence is truly missed by so many people.  Thanks for this great recipe, Pauli, and thanks for a life and legacy that truly lives on.

Why it's blogable:
  This recipe is light and really flavorful.  You can eat quite a pile of this yummy salad and not feel like you stuffed yourself like a Thanksgiving Turkey.  I guess you could add chicken if you wanted to, but without the chicken it's super good.  Labor Day is just around the corner and this would be a great salad to make for whatever you're doing to celebrate.

Why I've been such a lazy blogger lately:  First we went on vacation, and then I came home and decided to get sick.  Really sick.  So sick, in fact, that I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days.  Now you know why I've been such a lazy blogger.  I'm feeling a little bit better each day and sometime this week I will share some of the funnier moments of my hospitalization with y'all.  The things that go on in hospitals are astounding.  I'll fill you in on all the nitty-gritty soon.  Til then, enjoy this great salad.  It's pretty healthy, and at this particular time in my life, I'm all about healthy.  I don't want to find myself staring at a hospital ceiling anytime soon!

Click here to get the printable:

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment