Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fresh Cranberry Salad


1 qt. (24 oz.) fresh cranberries  (2 - 12 oz. bags)
2 cups sugar
1 ½ lb. red seedless grapes 
1 pt. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans, or more if desired

Grind cranberries in blender or food processor on medium.  (You don't want it in large chunks.)  Add sugar and stir well.  Place mixture in colander and drain overnight in refrigerator. 

In the morning, clean and dry grapes.  Cut in half and add to the cranberries.  Mix well.  Refrigerate at least two hours.  

Whip the cream until it is almost butter, very very stiff.  Slowly add 1/2 c. sugar and 1 t. vanilla to cream while whipping.  Add the whipped cream and nuts about an hour and a half before serving and keep in refrigerator so it gets cold. 

From whence it came:  One of the nicest, kindest, most generous people I have ever known shared this fabulous recipe with me.  Patty Sandner is the great gal who gets credit for this one.  Patty is twin sisters with another lady who is also one of the best people I know, Peggy Masterson.  Patty and Peggy are simply the best.  They are so much fun, and they have hearts the size of the great state of Texas.  They are always looking for ways to brighten the lives of others.  And they are both a huge bright spot in my life!  I can't say enough about these girls, or this salad!

Why it's blogable:  I tried this last week at a ladies Christmas dinner and I nearly passed out with delight.  It's just so fabulous, I don't really have the words to describe it.  It's pretty, it's got a crunch, it's sweet (and you know I'm all about sweet) and it's amazing.  Make this and you will become instantly popular.  More popular than you have ever imagined.  Possibly as popular as Patty and Peggy.  But don't become so popular that you no longer have time to stalk my little blog!

Click here to get the printable:

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment