Monday, December 6, 2010

Eggs in a Muffin Tin

1 loaf of white bread (24 slices)
1 dozen eggs
3/4 cup milk
Shredded cheese

Spray the bottom of the muffin tins with Pam, or use variation below.  Using the ring of a glass cup (3 ½ inch diameter works best), cut the bread using the cup like a cookie cutter. Mold the bread firmly to the bottom and sides of the tin, buttered side down, if you're using butter. Mix the eggs and milk together.  Season egg mixture with salt and pepper to your liking.  Fill the muffin tin until it’s ¾ full. (The eggs will expand during cooking). Top with cheese.  You can add anything else you like to the egg mixture: sausage, bacon, green onions, green chilies, etc.  Bake at 350 until eggs looked cooked. Check around 20 minutes.  Makes 24 egg muffins.

Variation:  I buttered the bread on one side rather than spraying the pan with Pam.  They didn't stick and they tasted so good!  Also, I cut the recipe in half and made only a dozen.

From whence it came:  Someone who I love more than cupcakes gave this terrific recipe to me.  Susie Cazanave is the gal and she is just as good as it gets when it comes to people.  Susie is so sweet and kind and thoughtful and fun.  And she is truly one of the most genuine people I have ever known.  And popular!  She is so very popular!  She is loved by everyone.  Everyone loves and adores Susie, but not as much as me.  I love her the most!  She is one special lady, and this is one special recipe!

Why it's blogable:  I tried this recipe out this morning for a little ladies breakfast and it was a hit.  I was nervous to try a new recipe on company, but I knew Susie wouldn't lead me astray, and I was right!  I think buttering the bread gave them a great flavor and also made the edges nice and crispy.  I added chopped green onions but there are so many yum-e things you could add.  Use your imagination.  Make them for your family.  My teen son and teen daughter both loved them!  This is a winner guys, pinky swear!

Click here to get the printable:

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

2 comments:

  1. I love making egg casserole. This looks like little individual serving size egg casserole. probably cooks faster too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!! I made the beautiful, wonderful, fabulous Pam Anderson's blog!!!! Everyone who follows Pam will agree with me that she is the best most generous, beautiful lady in the world!! Did I mention she is also the best Stake Primary President in the church??!! I love Pam!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete