Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken with Potatoes

6 chicken breasts
6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
1 c. skim milk
1 T. garlic salt
1 t. pepper

Mix soups and milk, add potatoes.  Place ¼ mixture in bottom of crockpot, put in chicken, sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.  Pour remaining sauce and potatoes over chicken.  Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours.  (I took the lid off for the last 45 minutes because it was pretty soupy.  It thickened it up a bit.) 

From whence it came:  Sorry guys, I don't remember.  This is a Weight Watchers recipe but I don't remember how it fell into my hot little hands.  I may have scribbled it down at a WW meeting back in the day.  Back in the day when I was riding high on the WW wagon!  I really need to drag my chubby self back onto that wagon!  And this recipe is the perfect way to do it!

Why it's blogable:
  You won't even know this recipe is healthy when you make it.  You'll swear it's full of unhealthy stuff, like butter and cheese.  But it's not.  It's full of healthy stuff, and it's really tasty!  This recipe makes 6 servings and each serving is only six points.  At least that's what it says on my scribbled recipe.  When I made this for my family they all loved it and no one even knew it was good for them!  My silly family often turns up their nose if they think something is good for them.  It's a full time job trying to trick these goofballs!  Try this if you're in the mood to be tricky!  

Here's the printable for ya:

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment