Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Taco Salad

The other night I used leftover taco meat to make a yum-e taco salad.  The Spy Who Loves Me loved it!  This is what I did:

I had leftover taco meat, but if you don't, brown 1 lb. ground beef and add 1 package taco seasoning and about 3/4 c. water.  Simmer until water is absorbed.  Us Andersons are a taco lovin' family so I always buy the big container of seasoning at Costco.  Much cheaper!
 
Also, I like the meat to be cold or room temp in the salad.  Warm meat makes wilted lettuce.  Yuck!

I used the following ingredients in the salad I made.  You can use as much or as little of the following as suits your fancy:

Romain lettuce
Taco Meat
Tomatoes
Cheddar Cheese
Chopped yellow, orange and red peppers
Fresh white corn, cut right off the cob, not even cooked
Avocado, the more the better
Tortilla chips, crushed just a little bit

For the dressing I mixed ranch salad dressing and salsa.  Then I tossed the salad, sprinkled on crushed tortilla chips and served it up.  The Spy said the words "tasty" and "great" while eating the salad, and he said thank you more than once.  

You should toss up one of these delicious salads this summer. 

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment