Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sub Sandwiches with Havarti Cheese

I have a new love in my life.  Havarti cheese.  If you haven't ever tried it, you must!  They were sampling it one day when I was at Henry's and it was love at first bite!  It's creamy and has a mild flavor and is fabulous on sandwiches.

Speaking of sandwiches, I love Subway!  It's my favorite fast food place for sure.  The Spy Who Loves Me and I shared a Subway sandwich yesterday and it was pretty good.  I had to get ham because the spy doesn't love turkey, which is my favorite.  So I sacrificed, as any good wife would, and had ham.  I put tons of vegies on my side, which I love, and it tasted good, but I would have liked turkey better.

Then, yesterday afternoon when I went to Henry's, I decided to buy stuff to make my own sub sandwiches.  I bought salsa turkey from the deli counter and had them slice it thin.  If you've never tried salsa turkey, you're missing out.  I also bought Havarti cheese.  It's kind of pricey, but it's worth it. 

Today for lunch I made turkey sandwiches for me and the spy and our teen son and they were a hit.  I put extra vegies on mine, but the spy and the son are so boring.  They just like lettuce and black olives.  Yuck!  And then the spy had a brainy idea to put this sauce on his sandwich.  Gross!  I told him not to do it.  I told him it would be gross and would ruin the delicious sandwich I had made for him.  But he didn't listen.  He rarely does.  He put the sauce on his sub, and guess what...he loved it!  What a weirdo.  Maybe you'd love it to.  If so, I'll think you're a weirdo, too.  But you do whatever you need to do and don't worry about me judging you and your choices.

Next time you're at the deli counter, ask for a sample of Havarti and then get ready to have your eyeballs roll back in your head.  It's good.  Really really good!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

2 comments:

  1. you should buy havarti at costco - much cheaper than anywhere else i've seen...can't believe that you are just now discovering this little bite out of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just like the word "havarti"!

    ReplyDelete