Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm taking a break!

Hey everybody!  Just wanted to let y'all know that we're headed out of town for some vacation fun, so I won't be posting for a couple of weeks.  I'll miss you all terribly, and to make up for my laziness I'm going to post a truly fabulous chocolate cake recipe when I get back.  It's the chocolate cake I made for my daughter's wedding last summer and it's divine!  I also made one last weekend and stuck it in the freezer.  It's going on vacation with us and we're using it to celebrate the college graduation of my super smart sonny-in-law!  This cake is sinful!  In a happy way!  A very happy way! 

After the graduation we're headed to a remote cabin where there's no cell service and no Internet.  My teen daughter already has the shakes just thinking about not being able to text for days at a time.  Pray for her soul.  My teen son is giddy, positively giddy, looking forward to quad rides through the forest and shooting up a storm with his BB gun.  Don't worry, he doesn't shoot living creatures, unless you count his sister, and in that case we can't make any promises.

The Spy Who Loves Me is a mountain man.  I'm a beach girl who married a mountain man.  (Today, once again, I had my toes in the sand and a diet coke in my hand...and it was pure bliss!  A lovely lovely day in Oceanside.  As lovely as they come!)  I married a camping man and not long after the honeymoon I converted The Spy from a camping man into a cabin man.  You can read all about his conversion here

As for me and my vacation plans, they involve books...lots of books...and my feet being propped up, and with any luck, being rubbed by The Spy.  I'm a humongous fan of foot massages.  Not giving them...GROSS!  Getting them!  I don't like to touch the feet of others, but I will do almost anything for a foot massage. 

You might think I'm crazy, you probably already do, but I also like to cook on vacation.  We cook lots of good stuff up at the cabin in the woods.  We like to barbecue, too.  Basically, we like to eat.  That's the bottom line.  But cooking on vacation is very enjoyable, if you're me.  Maybe not if you're you, but definitely if you're me. 

So, now that I've given you more information than you ever wanted to know, I'll sign off and tell you all that you are the best blog stalkers any silly girl ever did have!  I hope summer is treating you well!  Before you know it I'll be sharing my favorite fall recipes.  Until then...

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

1 comment:

  1. Pam, I just wanted you to know that even though I don't comment, I love your blog, hope you get famous someday. There is a Senior Missionary calling that you would just love. It is working in the outreach centers with the young adults. The main job for the wife is cooking. They make dinner at least once a week for get togethers and then you get to make desserts for them at other times. I know the couple that is doing it now usually makes the standard spaghetti. Those kids would love you and all your neat dishes. Think about going on a mission when you get to that point in your life. You know your kids can come visit you anytime they want to and you can take off time to be with them, so not to worry about the losing someone syndrome. Love you guys, say hi to everyone there. Sis. Walters

    ReplyDelete