Monday, December 4, 2017

Perfect Pot Roast


INGREDIENTS: 
1 (4-5 pound) beef roast - any type will do
1 (1 1/4 oz) package brown gravy mix, dry
1 (1 1/4 oz) package Italian salad dressing mix, dry
1 (1 1/4 oz) package ranch dressing mix, dry
1/2 c. water

DIRECTIONS:
Place beef roast in crock pot.
Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
Pour the water around the roast.
Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Add potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, celery and onion 2-3 hours before end if you'd like.

From whence it came: My fabulous daughter-in-law shared this recipe with me. Actually she did better than that, she made it for me. This girl who stole my baby boy right out of my arms can really cook! And bake! And she's even better at spoiling my boy than I was. She is a gem, and her pot roast recipe is almost as wonderful as she is!

Why it's blogable: This is the best pot roast I've ever made. It turned out so tender and the flavor is over the moon! I made it exactly as the recipe says except I didn't add veggies at the end, instead I made mashed potatoes and roasted glazed carrots. When the roast was finished cooking the juices that were in the crock pot made super yummy gravy. The Spy was crazy about this roast so it will now become a staple in our house. And it couldn't be easier to make!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up:





Here's a pic of my DIL who I love so much - on the day she stole my baby away from me:
Every mommy prays her baby will find a girl like Sydney!
She is kind, helpful, fun, funny, caring, patient, loving and basically perfect for my Pookie!


No comments:

Post a Comment