Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stir Fry Goodness!

I love stir fry!  Love it!  You don't need a Wok to make a delicious stir fry dinner.  I just use my electric skillet but really any large frying pan will do.  And I just discovered a secret to making a fabulous stir fry meal...
These Panda Express Sauces are to die for!  I have tried the Kung Pao and the Orange Sauce and they were both so yum-e!  I bought them at the grocery store but my married daughter told me she found the Orange Sauce at Costco in Utah.  I looked at our Costco but didn't see it.  Hopefully they will carry it soon!

Here's what I did:

I cut up two pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite size pieces.  I also cut up half of a large onion and then I browned them in my skillet with a little bit of olive oil.
 Once the chicken was nice and brown I added 2 chopped zucchini and a small can of water chestnuts and continued to cook it until the zucchini began to brown and became a little bit tender.
Next I added a little less than 1/2 the bottle of Kung Pao Sauce and mixed it all together.  I let it cook for a few minutes then added a handful of peanuts..
Serve it over rice and you have super yum-e and really healthy Kung Pao Chicken Dinner!

For the Orange Chicken...

I did basically the same thing except instead of zucchini, water chestnuts and peanuts I used carrots, celery and orange, red and yellow peppers.  I still used the same amount of chicken and onions, then once they were brown I added the carrots and celery and cooked it until the carrots were slightly soft.  Then I added the peppers and cooked it for a couple of minutes before adding the sauce.

My whole family loved these dinners!  My teen daughter went crazy for the Orange Chicken, but she loved the Kung Pao, too.  These meals were a big hit with my family.  These recipes fed four of us with a little bit leftover.

I really encourage you to give this a try.  You can serve it with some fresh fruit and/or a green salad and that's about all you need for a great dinner that will make you a true hero in the eyes of your hungry family!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment