Monday, November 6, 2017

Creamy Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes


INGREDIENTS
4-6 pork chops
6-8 medium potatoes, chopped into large pieces
2 cans fat-free cream of chicken soup
2 packages dry Ranch dressing mix
1 cup milk
Dried parsley to sprinkle on top (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS
Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and put potatoes on the bottom. Place the pork chops on top of the potatoes. Mix together the condensed soups, Ranch dressing mix and milk. Pour on top of the pork chops and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
Use the extra sauce in the slow cooker as a gravy for the potatoes and the pork chops. Sprinkle with dried parsley if you want.

From whence it came:  I found this little beauty online! Don't you just love the Internet? Without the Internet I'd be naked and hungry! (Which is very similar to naked and afraid, only worse!) Sorry for the TMI moment, but it's true. I buy almost everything online. I hate shopping at the store. I know, weird for a girl, but it's true.  I love Walmart and Costco and beyond that I'm pretty much Amazon's best friend! I was browsing through a book online and came across this winner recipe from Six Sister's Stuff! If you have never tried their recipes, now is the time! Run, don't walk! These girls can cook - and bake! And I just want to thank the Six Sisters for the perfect pork chop recipe.

Why it's bloggable: I have never, and I mean never ever, had success with pork chops. They're either dry or tough or both. Ugh! When I saw this recipe I felt renewed pork chop hope! And could it be more simple? I think not! The Spy and I both loved it, and I'm pretty sure you will, too!

Cook's tips: I bought the super thick pork chops at Costco and cut them in half so they were thin. And I also bought the yummiest potatoes at Costco! They're butter potatoes, which are little tiny potatoes that I just cut in half without peeling them. I'm sure regular potatoes would be good, too! I cooked them on high for 4 hours and they were just right!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment