Friday, February 27, 2015

Sugar Cookie Bars














Sugar Cookie Bars

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
3/4 c. sour cream
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy then add sour cream.

2. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.

3. Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.

4. Add the vanilla to the creamed mixture and then slowly add the dry ingredients.

5. Press into a greased 13 x 18 inch pan and bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes.

6. Cool and frost (see directions below).

Frosting Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
4 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons of milk
food coloring (optional)
sprinkles (optional)

Directions:
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy.

2. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar.

3. Gradually add the 5 tablespoons of milk until you reach your desired constancy.

5. Chill and cut.

From whence it came:  My sweet wonderful friend, Judy Durrant (who is a great cook with great recipes) made these and I felt completely obligated to try one and once I did I just had to have the recipe!  And Judy is a true friend, so she shared it with me.  She found it on Pinterest and boy oh boy am I glad she did!  These are divine!!!  

Why it's blogable:  I made these for our newest grandpunk's baby blessing last weekend and they were a hit!  They are so much easier to make than frosted sugar cookies and just as good...or maybe even better.  And the recipe makes a bunch of bars so you can share and make friends and impress your peeps!  If you've had a "Swig Sugar Cookie" I would say there are somewhat close to Swig.  And if you haven't had a Swig Sugar Cookie, drive to Utah right this minute and get one! I made a Swig knock off recipe that I found on Pinterest and you will notice that it's not on this blog, because it was not blogable.  But this recipe, this recipe is seriously blogable.

Cooks tip:  Judy told me to be careful not to over cook these bars.  I cooked them for 15 minutes and had serious doubts that they were done, but I decided to listen to Judy, because she is smart, and I'm glad I did.  They seemed underdone but after I frosted them then chilled them and cut them up they were perfect!  So, listen to Judy, don't over cook these cookies!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!





Here's our newest little grandpunk, Brooks Anderson Labrum!
He is even sweeter than these cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment