Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dutch Baby Pancakes

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Put 2 T. butter in pie pan and melt in oven.

1 c. flour
¼ c. sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Mix dry ingredients.

Add 1 c. milk and 4 eggs; mix well.

Pour over melted butter.  Bake 20-25 minutes.  Slice like a pie and serve with syrup.  (You can double the recipe and cook it in a 9x13 pan.)

From whence it came:  Here's another great recipe from Sue Burns.  I've mentioned Sue before.  She is a great cook, and a fancy one, too.  Everything she makes looks as good as it tastes.  Although, I must admit, this recipe isn't the prettiest recipe in the whole wide world.  But it is one of the tastiest!  The pancake will fall (or reduce in puffiness - or be puffiness challenged) after you take it out of the oven.  Don't worry.  That's normal.

Why it's blogable:  Every single one of my three children love and adore this recipe.  Actually, love and adore aren't even strong enough words for how my kiddies feel about these funny pancakes.  The Spy Who Loves Me is a big fan, too.  My married daughter called and asked for the recipe last weekend, and that's when I realized I hadn't posted it on my little cooking blog.  So here ya go, and you're very welcome!

There's nothing healthy going on here folks.  Unless your talking about emotional health.  This recipe is sure to enhance your emotional well being.  Talk about feel good food!  I have no idea why the word Dutch is in the title, but I know exactly why the word "Baby" is included.  Just take one bite and then get ready to say the words, "Oh baby!"  You can say "Oh Dutch Baby" if you want to, but in my experience, just the two words will do the trick.

Could this recipe be easier?  No!  Could this recipe be yummier?  No!  Should you make it right now?  YES!  

Click here to get the printable:

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment