Thursday, January 10, 2019

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup



















4 stalks of celery 
4 carrots (I use the super tiny baby carrots and don't chop them)
½ Onion  
2 boxes of Wild Rice Rice-a-Roni (Cook as per package directions) 
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (can use canned, rotisserie, et.) 
6 cups chicken broth 
1 pint heavy cream 

Saute veggies in butter.
Cook veggies until tender in broth and cream. 
Add chicken and wild rice when done. 
Simmer until thick. It is better the next day. 

From whence it came: My sweet, kind, fun, funny, fabulous sister-in-law, Belle, shared this recipe with me and now I love her even more than I did before, which I didn't realize was even possible! Belle and The Spy's brother, Brian, live here in Utah with us and we have so much fun with them. They are outdoorsie types and we love to go hiking and snowshoeing with them. A few weeks ago my mother-in-law, who was living with us, passed away. We sure do miss that amazing lady! While she was on hospice here in our home Belle made this soup for the family and it was a gigantic hit! I've made it three times since and it will now be a go-to recipe for me. It's our family's new favorite soup!

Why it's blogable: Super comforting! Super delicious! Super easy! What more do you need to know? It's the perfect thing to take to someone who needs some TLC. I know we all felt a tremendous amount of tender loving care when Belle made it for us!

Hope you enjoy stirring it up!



No comments:

Post a Comment