- My Favorite Brownie Recipe - or your favorite 9x13 box brownie mix
- 2 1/2
- cups powdered sugar
- tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- tablespoons whipping cream
- oz cream cheese, softened (from 3 oz package)
- to 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- drops green food color
- cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3
- cups (8 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- cup butter (do not use margarine)
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.) Make and bake brownie mix as directed in recipe or on box. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In large bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart nonstick saucepan, heat topping ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Cool about 10 minutes or until lukewarm.
- Pour topping over filling; spread to cover. Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hours or until set. Before cutting into bars, let stand 10 minutes at room temperature. For bars, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
From whence it came: That wonderful gal, Betty! Betty Crocker that is. I was in the mood to make mint brownies and I didn't have a recipe so I Googled it and Betty came to my rescue. (I borrowed her pretty Mint Brownie picture, too. I hope she doesn't mind.)
Why it's blogable: Mint Brownies? Are you kidding? You need to know why they are blogable? Because they are amazing!!! These are always a crowd pleaser. They look harder to make than they are. They really are easy, and worth a couple of extra steps.
Make these and you will create smiles! And creating smiles feels good!
Hope you enjoy stirring it up!